Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Small World, I Hope!

#sol15
When I was in my late teens our church sponsored a refugee family from Eritrea.  My father was a very generous farmer and he would often supply the family with beef and pork when he sent animals to slaughter.   It was not uncommon for Dad to get Christmas cards from families years after they’d moved to other areas of the nation.

My daughter and I had dinner tonight and in conversation she mentioned a friend’s family were from  Ethiopia –Eritrea.  She mentioned that the community is very close knit.  As the sponsored family gained independence we lost touch.  I’m now wondering if news may be forthcoming.

1 comment:

  1. It would be great if your family could connect with them once again. I hope you write a Slice or post about it when you do. I would love an update. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete