Thursday, March 29, 2012

What is Today?

This week is the longest short school week.  I did conferences until eight pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today we saw students until 12:00 and then after a lunch break we had conferences again until four.  I'm home now and I keep thinking today is Friday.  Well it sort of is.  We don't have school again until April 9.
 I may be rested up again by then.
At sometime during the 43 conferences I started to feel like I didn't know who I was talking to.  I tried to keep good notes of things I promised to people.  Notes of who mentioned family situations I should remember.  But right now, all I can remember are the oddly funny things parents say to me.  I wonder if I would have found them funny a week ago.  Maybe after a good night of sleep I'll slice them.
Now all I have to do is remember to remove the 5:30  weekday alarm setting.

1 comment:

  1. I suffered through the same last week---an incredibly long and difficult week before spring break. But as a high school teacher am envious of the ability that you have to have the conferences with so many. So important!

    ReplyDelete