Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gratitude


I’m struck with gratitude by the two milk jugs sitting in my kitchen.   I filled jugs with water earlier this week after hearing the promise of ice storms on our area.  When we lose our power an electric pump for our well leaves us unable to use the faucet for water, and we can’t flush our toilets in our rural home. 
When the threatened ice storms didn’t materialize I was going to empty the jugs.  More severe weather was predicted. The jugs stayed on the counter as this weekend we had high wind alerts for the region.  The winds passed and unlike others in our region we did not lose power.
This morning as I saw the network television reports of the devastation the weather caused just a short distance away, I’m once again thankful   And the jugs?  I’ll leave them, and for today and for today, I’ll remember to be thankful for all we have.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right. When you watch the news, you can't imagine the devastation. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfulness!!! Let's keep the spirit alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. We forget how fortunate we are. A great reminder to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete