Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Success

Yesterday I came home, and here,  frustrated at my inability to implement differentiated centers, something I was sure my class needed.   I was ready to forget it for a year, but today I decided to try one more time.  I changed the groups, pulled my lowest students to a separate group directed group and said a small thanks for three strategic absences.
I retaught the centers a third time and presented limited choices.  I worked with the lowest ability students alone and then gave them other activities while the majority of the group developed and grew their skills.  I hope my other three will be able to enjoy these centers later, but it just might not happen this year.  But for the rest of the class?

Success!   

1 comment:

  1. I know it is a great feeling to have success like this! Congrats! I really loved this phrasing - "three strategic absences" - this is a joy that only teachers fully understand.

    ReplyDelete