Sunday, March 13, 2016

I Remember

I remember looking at the Fountas and Pinnell benchmark books way back in September when we got our kits.  (Ahem, in the spring would have been much more convenient)  
We had a training in mid-September and I put my kit together. I remember laughing about how many books I was given and knowing most of them would never get used.
I remember being told to benchmark my students at the start of the year.  It strikes me as cruel to ask prekindergarten students to do something we're sure they can't do, just to prove their teacher has taught them something...but that's not today's blog!
I remember being quickly done because they don't know their letters and sounds so of course they won't be reading!!!
I just wish I'd remembered to put those books back in the kit where they belong!

No comments:

Post a Comment