Saturday, March 10, 2018

She Reads!


Last week I read a review of the Big Umbrella on TWT. I ordered two copies, one I sent to my grandchildren and the other for my Pre-K classroom.   It arrived on Saturday. We didn’t have school on Monday and Tuesday I was busy playing catch up to the plan.  Wednesday morning I shared the book with my class of Young 5’s.  When I finished a little girl asked if she could “read” the book.  I said “yes”, a short while later she came back and proudly announced she’d read it.  As soon as time allowed I asked her to “read” me the book.  She did!  Flawlessly!  I knew she was learning, just this morning I was interrupted before we read my morning message and she announced she had read it by herself.  When she read it with me I wondered if her skills had taken off.  Three weeks ago she passed a Fountas and Pinnell level A. 
As she proudly read the book again to a beloved school employee I realized the joy of watching a reader grow right in front of me.

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful! There is nothing like seeing young children see themselves as readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun watching the pride of a new reader. She won't be stopped now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to witness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful moment to capture in a Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special moment to be a part of! I could feel your pride as you described her pride!

    ReplyDelete