Sunday, March 4, 2018

No School Tomorrow


I live in Michigan.  We often have snow days.  When the weather is really bad our schools even cancel the night before.  Since all the snow is melted and we’re not expecting any weather events next week I was not expecting a phone call at 7:00 pm on a Sunday night. 
Our superintendent’s voice surprised me, she informed us that all school buildings are closed tomorrow.  An unexplained threat has caused this decision. She was clear that no one was to be in the buildings tomorrow. I'm saddened by the threat of harm to our small town.  


2 comments:

  1. My goodness, that sounds ominous. I'm sorry to hear this, Lori. Not the kind of day off you want to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So unsettling. We had a real lockdown two weeks ago because of an incident in the community. We're being extra cautious but it's frightening.

    ReplyDelete