Ten things I’ve enjoyed on my first day of vacation
1. The first watermelon of the summer.
2. Going to the doctor and not needing to write sub plans the night before.
3. Ordering 3 professional books and knowing I’ll have time to read them right away.
4. Anticipating Friday’s full moon without worrying about behaviors.
5. A clean house! OK, change that to cleaner.
6. Waking up at my usual time and falling back to sleep.
7. Drinking liquid anytime I want!
8. Bed sheets hung out on the clothes line.
9. Freshly mowed grass.Anticipation of my first in person celebration of our granddaughter Lucy’s fourth birthday, Texas was a long way away